Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Div
Frequent Visitor

How to set colours for details in Power BI Tree map visual

How to set colours for details in Power BI Tree map visual

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @Div

After my research, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now.

for example:

assume that we have this basic data

21.PNG

20.PNG

we can set color group fields data, then if you set color for detail field, is it that all the data that type is A is the same color

and all the data that type is B is the same color? if that you can exchange the fields of group and details.

And if you want to achieve it like: 1A is one color and 1B is one color, you can do these as below

drag the field in the details into group and then expand all down one level in the hierarchy

22.PNG

Result:

23.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If you mean "treemap visual", please find below snapshots for Data Colors and Data Labels color.

SGPhoto_2018_09_24 09_37_56.jpg

SGPhoto_2018_09_24 09_37_10.jpg

Div
Frequent Visitor

@AnonymousThanks. 

To be more specific, when you create a tree map visual, three fields appear : group, details and value. By default data colour appears only for group fields data. I need it for details field data.

hi, @Div

After my research, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now.

for example:

assume that we have this basic data

21.PNG

20.PNG

we can set color group fields data, then if you set color for detail field, is it that all the data that type is A is the same color

and all the data that type is B is the same color? if that you can exchange the fields of group and details.

And if you want to achieve it like: 1A is one color and 1B is one color, you can do these as below

drag the field in the details into group and then expand all down one level in the hierarchy

22.PNG

Result:

23.PNG

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft Thanks. I actually tried this what you have explained but I wanted it this way: a big box 1 and small boxes A and B within this larger box and set colours for A and B as yellow, green etc. Similarly for box 2 and 3.... 

You seem to be correct. Looks like this option is still not made available in Power BI. Anyways thanks for your reply:)

hi, @Div

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Best Regards,

Lin

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Div

What is the Tree map visual in power bi, I know that you can set the data color in the format of Map visual

like this:

7.PNG

and if in the ArcGIS maps visual , you could edit data color like this:

8.PNG

Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-visualization-arcgis

Best Regards,

Lin

Does the tree map visual exists in powerbi currently? I could not find it.

@v-lili6-msftTree map visual is the one on the left of Map visual. It has 3 fields to add. The data colour by default appears only for the group column. It doesnt give the option for the column in details field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.