Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to set as default unique selection the first row of the slicer, due to row level security

Hi Guys, I have a slicer with unique selection, in that slicer appears new ships for example :

01. ShipA
02.ShipB

but in other day could appear new Ship and that ship is shown at the begining in the slicer :

01.ShipC
 02.ShipA
03.ShipB

and this is control by row level security that filters those ships. How can I select the new ship as default selection, because now I have been selected it manually but when a role is different show a ship selected that doesn't belongs to it? Is there any trick to do it ? Thank you in advance guys foryour support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid not. RLS will only restrict data access for given users. Filters restrict data at the row level. For slicers, if you have selected slicers before enabling RLS, the status of slicer will retain and you need to click it manually to eliminate.

You can refer this similar issue:

Getting filters to change with RLS Roles on the actual power bi page 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if it controlled by RLS, I doubt you can default.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets say that I have Role 1 (ShipA,ShipB)and Role 2(ShipC)

When I published the report the slicer is selected with ShipA with unique selection, but when a user from Role 2 see the report He see ShipA selected but when all data in blank  and Ship C, is there a way to avoid showing the one selected in first place.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid not. RLS will only restrict data access for given users. Filters restrict data at the row level. For slicers, if you have selected slicers before enabling RLS, the status of slicer will retain and you need to click it manually to eliminate.

You can refer this similar issue:

Getting filters to change with RLS Roles on the actual power bi page 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.