Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prudhviraj
Frequent Visitor

How to set Default Drill Through option for selected views

Hi All,

I have a report where it has multiple view in it. I just want to make default Drill Through option for Map View and Pivot View. When I selected drill through option and save report. It's working untill I refresh my screen. Once I refesh it's coming back to normal drill. It's causing the issue. Could you please help me out on this to set default Drill Through option for selected views.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,

Prudviraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Prudhviraj,

Based on your description, I think drill through not suitable for your requirement. Currently this feature only support right click select 'drill through' page to go to other pages.

For you requirement, I'd like to suggest you to use bookmark feature, it support to save current filter and contents as the bookmark. You can simply jump to specific pages through click on saved bookmarks.

Use bookmarks to share insights and build stories in Power BI (Preview)

Regards,

Xiaxoin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prudhviraj,

Can you please share more detail content about this? I haven't faced the refresh issue which you mentioned.
In addition, you can also take a look below link which about use drill through filter:

Use drillthrough in Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

What I mean to say is, First thing my users will not do right click and go to selected page. They just want to click on any graph or value to go to other page. The example which you send, we have to do a right click and go to Drill Through and select a page. I don't want that funcnality. current functionality If we do click on any selected views it will drill all the other views to the selected value. I don't want that to happen.

I just want to enable Drill Through functionality for selected views. When I do click on the value it should directly go to other page. if I have more than one page then it sould ask which page I have to go. 

Partially, I can do that now. But I have to select Drill Through for selected views every time when I open my report. Could you please help me out with any option I can save selected views will default drill through option, istead of selecting every time.

Thanks,

Prudviraj

Thanks,

Prudviraj

Hi @Prudhviraj,

Based on your description, I think drill through not suitable for your requirement. Currently this feature only support right click select 'drill through' page to go to other pages.

For you requirement, I'd like to suggest you to use bookmark feature, it support to save current filter and contents as the bookmark. You can simply jump to specific pages through click on saved bookmarks.

Use bookmarks to share insights and build stories in Power BI (Preview)

Regards,

Xiaxoin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.