Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deermeat
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to separate out slicers for calculated averages in heatmap?

Hello,

I'm trying to seperate out my slicers for the calculated averages. Currently, I have a set of data with different categories.

Untitled.png

I created a calculated column to calculate the % change compared to last month. Then I created a new table to calculate the % change in score of each possible category/region/industry/currency/etc. at each time. I have ended up with a table that look like this:

Untitled.png

This has allowed me to create heatmap with matrices that are able to be filtered, but I am unable to seperate the slicer for each different category. Is it possible to seperate them out? Ideally if possible, I want to be able to make it look like the above issuer slices. With each different categories in their own slicer and clicking on them will add them to the heatmap.

Untitled.png

Sample Data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AveRov7QXEwJEMDk9uUuiScBOsL8N_9p/view?usp=sharing

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Deermeat ,

Please use this measure as the visual-level filter. Check if its output meets your expectations.

IsFiltered = 
VAR selectTab =
    UNION (
        VALUES ( Data[Region ID] ),
        VALUES ( Data[CountryID] ),
        VALUES ( Data[IndustryID] ),
        VALUES ( Data[Sub-IndustryID] ),
        VALUES ( Data[RatingID] ),
        VALUES ( Data[CurrencyID] ),
        VALUES ( Data[Category 1] ),
        VALUES ( Data[Category 2] ),
        VALUES ( Data[Category 3] ),
        VALUES ( Data[IssuerID] )
    )
RETURN
    COUNTROWS ( INTERSECT ( VALUES ( Averages[Categories] ), selectTab ) )

vkkfmsft_0-1653271865987.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-kkf-msft,

Thank you very much for your help! This is indeed one step closer to what I wanted. However, the only problem now is that when nothing is chosen, all of the lines are showing:

If I click only Region 1, all the other categories will show up because nothing is chosen there. Is it possible to make it so that only stuff that are chosen will show up?

Untitled.png

Thank you!

Hi @v-kkf-msft,

Apologies for the double posting. The end goal I'm trying to reach is that the user is able to choose the type of lines that they want to have include into the matrix. If they choose Region 1, Industry 4, Rating 10, and Currency 10 in the slicers, these 4 rows will appear on the matrix. However, this is not what is happening. After editing the interactions to not interfere with each other. I notice that if you choose a combination of categories where there is no IssuerID for that combination, the matrix fail to show the results. Is it possible to overcome this issue?

Untitled.png

Thank you!

Here's an updated link to the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10uCTKEj_ojsbSW8is4TchJ09s9prOl6C/view?usp=sharing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.