Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alonlon
Regular Visitor

How to selectively multiply tables

I have two tables : 

FIrst with total tons per year per category 

the Second one is

Goals per year per category in %. 

How do i create a messure or a third table with the multiplication of the appropriate aggregate per year in the first table with the corresponising % goals in the second one to get the Goals per year per category in Tons? 

below is a a matrix representation of the 2 tables (the first one is already summing the appropriate aggregates)  

image.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Alonlon,

So you mean to summarize two visualizations to one? If these visuals are used the same data table field as category, you can create a measure to multiply these value fields. 

For the total level calculations, you may need to add some conditions and filters to handle multiple aggregate calculations. Please check the following blog to know more about these:

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Alonlon,

So you mean to summarize two visualizations to one? If these visuals are used the same data table field as category, you can create a measure to multiply these value fields. 

For the total level calculations, you may need to add some conditions and filters to handle multiple aggregate calculations. Please check the following blog to know more about these:

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@Alonlon,

If the first matrix is showing [Measure1] and the second matrix is showing [Measure2], then you should be able to create Measure3:

Measure3 = [Measure1] * [Measure2]

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.