Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Erburi92
Frequent Visitor

How to select one row from the table and change color with different button

Hello,

I need your help:) 

I would like to know if it is possible to do something like that (see the image as it is excel) in power bi. I have a table with information in different rows. I check every row manually by clicking on buttons (reviewed, under_review, and so on). Firstly, I select the row and click on a particular button. Then the row is colored with a specific color (it is done with macros). Can I do the same in power bi?

I know there are no macros and VBE, however, maybe there is another way how to do it?

Thank you:)

excel.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Erburi92 , Based on what get. Power Bi can not color a row. So you need do conditional formatting for all values/fields.

You need an independent table for slicer once you select that value you can use conditional formatting using field value option

Color Meausre =

if(Max(Table[Column]) = selectedvalue(Table[Column]) , "Yellow", "White")

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqBb5eBf_I4&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGYo50Ajmr4SgSV9HIQLxc8L
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Conditional-formatting-the-Pie-Visual/ba-p/...

Thank you.

However, if I need to select just one row and color just it, others should be without color, could I use your suggestion as well? Because I need to color each row independently, I can not select several rows at one.  So I would need to use conditional formatting every time?

Many thanks:)

Thank you @amitchandak 

However, if I need to select just one row and color just it, others should be without color, could I use your suggestion as well? Because I need to color each row independently, I can not select several rows at one.  So I would need to use conditional formatting every time?

Many thanks:)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.