Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ranaanees
Helper I
Helper I

How to select all rows where date is empty?

I have an employee table with End Of Service column of type Date. Once an employee left the company then End Of Service column has its last working date value otherwise this field is empty. Its a MySql table.

Please see the Pic.

What should I enter in the Value to select all rows in the table where End_of_service is null OR what is best wat to get all rows?

EOS.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ranaanees

Why dont you try this? Simply select null in filter, so all rows with empty date will appear.

Date Null.PNG 

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

Now I am selecting records from database table based on direct query with filter where EOS != '' and its working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ranaanees

What should I enter in the Value to select all rows in the table where End_of_service is null OR what is best wat to get all rows

what's the value you'd like to select, could you give me an example?

Best Regards

Maggie

Now I am selecting records from database table based on direct query with filter where EOS != '' and its working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ranaanees

Why dont you try this? Simply select null in filter, so all rows with empty date will appear.

Date Null.PNG 

Thanks

Raj

hii,

there is no null value in my list. maybe not properly set at field level.

please guide how to handel this issue.

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.