Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ammartino44
Helper III
Helper III

How to select a state and have it applied across everything

I have 4 stacked bar charts with three states, each for different years. On the bottom, I have a matrix with ALL values for states and years. I would like to be able to click on a state and have it apply across everything and not just be specific to the year. Below is what it is doing now. I do NOT want it like this. Thanks!!2016-12-20_10-24-08.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ammartino44,

In your scenario, as you placed Year column in chart Legend property, when you click on the bar in the chart, it will filter the based on the both X-axis values and Legend values. For example, when you click the CA bar in the first chart, it will filter matrix based on CA and Year 2011, so what you get in the matrix is expected.

If you want to click the chart bar to filter all years in this state in the matrix, you need to remove Year from the Legend property. See:

q3.PNGq4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ammartino44,

In your scenario, as you placed Year column in chart Legend property, when you click on the bar in the chart, it will filter the based on the both X-axis values and Legend values. For example, when you click the CA bar in the first chart, it will filter matrix based on CA and Year 2011, so what you get in the matrix is expected.

If you want to click the chart bar to filter all years in this state in the matrix, you need to remove Year from the Legend property. See:

q3.PNGq4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.