Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vutruong
Helper I
Helper I

How to select a specific region in a region chart and its selection applied to all other sheets

Hi,

I have various sheets which have selective region charts. In order to make it simple and easy:

Once I select a region in a region chart in sheet 1 (the chart has various regions to select), this selection will be automatically applied in sheet 2, sheet 3, etc. (All sheets also have the same region chart)

Picture below shows region chart in all sheets named NND, FS,etc... I want to select a specific region in region chart and its selection will be automatically applied to other sheets. (all sheet also have the same region chart)

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Vu

5.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vutruong,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vutruong,

Please vote on this idea. Maybe we can have this feature soon. The workaround could be using a Report level filter for now.

How to select a specific region in a region chart and its selection applied to all other sheets.png

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Thanks for your support. I applied report level filter. However, it is only applied on my PI desktop and website, NOT appeared on publish-view website link. How can I make the that filter also applied for pulish-view website link?

k1.JPGk.JPG

Hi @vutruong,

You can filter your report and save it. The published page will be applied the filter. PLease refer to this documentation.

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Thanks, but this suggestion might not work for my situation. I would like to have the filter on pulish-view web link because there are various options for the user to select, which means it should not be fixed. Is there any way to do it?

Thanks,

Vu

Hi @vutruong,

I'm afraid the filters aren't available in Publish to web. Maybe you can add a slicer though this isn't convenient. How about sharing a Dashboard?

Best Regards,

Dale

miltenburger
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @vutruong

This is not possible yet,

For what i know, the team is working on this idea

Kind regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.