Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mcray11
Helper I
Helper I

How to see one revenue value per month in a Matrix view?

I'm a very novice user of BI and am trying to figure out how to use the Matrix view.

I've created a table for our sales data and would like to display it by state, by month with some other data.

In matrix view, I've put the state and date as the rows, and the sales and other data in the values section.

However in this view the sales data is summed, and I can't find an option to have it display the unique value for that state:month.  The other data in the values section is behaving correctly and displaying per state/month.

Is there a different view I should be using or is my table setup incorrectly?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mcray11,

Could you please share some sample data of your scenario and post the expected result? Also change the Matrix visual to Table visual , and in Values of the Table visual, click the down arrow next to sales, and click "Do Not Summarize", then check if the visual gives the result you want.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi All,

Unfortunatly when I use the table visual I am still unable to obtain accurate calculations. 

I've attached a snapshot here to better explain the issue.

I'm trying to create a view that will provide a summary by month for each state.

While the totals per site or per state in I and T are correct, teh Values are not correct.

The values displayed are the values for the Year to Date, not the values per month.

Thanks for your help!

BI2.png

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mcray11  Instead of using Sum in your calculations, try SUMX. This will help with the totals issue and clear up the misinformation you are seeing.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you for the suggestion. For some reason however adding a calculated column with a SUMX on that field then provides 1/2 of the YTD number, and still the same number for every field.

Do you mean count of unique values?  You can write a measure

unique values =distinctcount(table[column Name])

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.