Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to save the dataset once a week?

Hi ladies and gents,

Quick question for all the knowledgeable minds out there: is there a way to automatically preserve a dataset from a given day? 

In brief: 

I have a Salesforce Objects dataset. This dataset refreshes, well, everytime somebody clicks on the Refresh button. Which is cool, because real-time data is a good thing. 

However, I'd like to be able save the refresh from, let's say, today at 9AM, label it as such, then save the refresh from tomorrow at 9 AM and label it as such. 

Finally, it would be brilliant if I could see that today at 9 AM I had 12 Opportunities won, and that tomorrow I had 14. 

Possible solution:

Just manually download the dataset in an Excel and create a column with the date/time. And repeat. And repeat. 

But I wonder if there is a better way out there (without some heavy database programming). 

Thanks for reading,

Alice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AliceW,

I'm afraid power bi is tool for us to present and analysis data. You may do this in the database. Suppose you are using SQL Server, you can write a trigger and Stored Precedure to export data to excel in scheduled time. You can refer to this blog: https://solutioncenter.apexsql.com/how-to-import-and-export-sql-server-data-to-an-excel-file/.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AliceW,

I'm afraid power bi is tool for us to present and analysis data. You may do this in the database. Suppose you are using SQL Server, you can write a trigger and Stored Precedure to export data to excel in scheduled time. You can refer to this blog: https://solutioncenter.apexsql.com/how-to-import-and-export-sql-server-data-to-an-excel-file/.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thank you, Jimmy. This was most helpful. Perhaps Power BI will one day expand to this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.