Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to run the power query applied steps on specific data only?

Hi all,

Is it possible to run the applied steps in the power query that Ive written, on specific data only? Im talking about the steps below, which is basically a script to transform combination products into single products. The problem is that I still have to apply this to my original data sheet, but I want the steps to apply to a single administration only.

I can't split the original data into multiple folders (seperate queries), because it would be too much work to do, and eventually we'll have a direct sql connection with the database. Right now all the data is stored in one excel sheet.

Example:

Data Sheet = Administration A + Administration B + Administration C + Administration D

The applied steps should only be applied to Administration C, is it possible to use a filter for the applied steps? (using an If statement somewhere?)

Applied Steps.JPG

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please show an example data and what steps needed to be done as an example.

From your information, it still not clear how "Administration A" lies in the table.

Besides, from this information:

"I can't split the original data into multiple folders (seperate queries), because it would be too much work to do, and eventually we'll have a direct sql connection with the database. Right now all the data is stored in one excel sheet." 

It seems your data source is an excel file, then you connect to excel file with Power BI Desktop, right?

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.