Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zpaul_010
Helper I
Helper I

How to reverse bar of Stacked column chart?

How to reverse bar of Stacked column chart?

I prefer the "yes" (shaded) to be at the bottom so I can make a percentage calculation target line at the bottom.

Capture4.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

the order of the segments in a stacked column depends of the sequence of the segments.

By default this sequence (sort order) is derived from the name of the members (used as legend), from the root of yaxis (0) an element named "A" is at the bottom and an element named "Y" is at the top. To change this sequence, you have to change the sortoder. This can be done more or less very easily:

Default sequence of segment in the stacked bar column chartbase.png

Go to the model tab of mark the column where you want to change the sequence and assign a column that contains an index value representing the sortorder (this can be achieved by an DAX satement to create an calculated column like this

SortOrderStatus = IF('Table2'[status] = "yes", 1, 2)

sort by column.png

Done!

ordered.png

Done!

Hope this helps

Regards

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

the order of the segments in a stacked column depends of the sequence of the segments.

By default this sequence (sort order) is derived from the name of the members (used as legend), from the root of yaxis (0) an element named "A" is at the bottom and an element named "Y" is at the top. To change this sequence, you have to change the sortoder. This can be done more or less very easily:

Default sequence of segment in the stacked bar column chartbase.png

Go to the model tab of mark the column where you want to change the sequence and assign a column that contains an index value representing the sortorder (this can be achieved by an DAX satement to create an calculated column like this

sort by column.png

Done!

ordered.png

Done!

Hope this helps

Regards

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hey Tom,

I am trying my very hardest to get through this step of the process. Would you mind explaning this step a bit further?  I have 4 different data types that I need to sort through and am lost as to where to put this particular function. It would be very appreciated.

Thanks Tom. This worked! 

lbarreiro
Regular Visitor

Hello!!

I'm a new user in pbi. If I have understood your question, I believe that you have to change the order in value.

I hope help you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.