Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to retrieve a value based on the max date of another column which is mapped to multiple entries

Hi there,

How to retrieve a value based on the max date of another column which is mapped to multiple entries which in trur is mapped to a single value.

The question may be confusing. Pleae refer the below snap that would help.

This is my table. One IB name has many document name that has its date and companyname

.snap of table which has IBname with multiple document name and its dates reported and  company namesnap of table which has IBname with multiple document name and its dates reported and company nameNow i want just the company name of the latest document name for the IBname. Pleae I want the recent company name of the IB nam alone hereI want the recent company name of the IB nam alone here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Thanks for your quick response.  Your solution will work fine. But i did not want a fitler to arrive at the value.

Tried a simple measure finally. Surprisingly it worked fine.

last_service_company = CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK('ML test'[CompanyName],1),FILTER('ML test','ML test'[DocumentDate]=MAX('ML test'[DocumentDate])))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
belisqui
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

No sure if this will help but you can create a column to use as a filter:

In the pic below you would use the [MAX Date By Customer] calculated column as a filter for your table.

Reference.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Thanks for your quick response.  Your solution will work fine. But i did not want a fitler to arrive at the value.

Tried a simple measure finally. Surprisingly it worked fine.

last_service_company = CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK('ML test'[CompanyName],1),FILTER('ML test','ML test'[DocumentDate]=MAX('ML test'[DocumentDate])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.