Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to retain data values when the slicer selection changes

Hi,

I have  a scatter plot with date on x-axis and some measure value along y-axis. I have  a table placed next to the scatter plot. Whatever data point I am selecting in the scatter plot, it should get filtered in the table. This is working fine. But if I place a slicer with some category value, For each slicer value selection,I will select some data points in scatter plot and I need all those selected values in the table. But if I change the slicer value, the previous values/rows in table is updated with new slicer value selection. Is it possible to retain the selected data points in the table for each of the slicer value selection?

Thanks,

Priyanga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. if not, please share more details about your question, I'd like to provide further support. thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. if not, please share more details about your question, I'd like to provide further support. thanks!

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean you'd like to keep the filtered vasual in table by scatter plot, and then filter also by slicer value? it seems like set the OR condition between the sctter filter with slicer filter. right?

I think you can manage the value in scatter plot as another slicer, and then add the dax measure. below detailed blog for your reference.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/using-or-conditions-between-slicers-in-dax/

If you'd like to keep the filter by scatter plot as well as the slicer in "AND" condition, that would be easier. manage 2 slicers, and filter the table. 

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.