cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to restrict table load to records with key field already present in existing table

HI Mazacini,

Did you figure this out? I am also a prior Qlik user and I'd like to use a WHERE EXISTS from another table as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to restrict table load to records with key field already present in existing table

Hi Mazacini,

Did you find a solution to this? I am also a prior-Qlik user and have been looking for a WHERE EXISTS() equivalent as well.

bmacdonald Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

One thing you might try would be to create a column called 'customer_exists' on the invoice table and then do a lookup on the customer table to retreive some value from customers if the lookup succeeds.  Then you can set a filter on your report to not show records where customer_exists is null.  This still loads all the customer records but restrics visuals to those that have invoices.

I come from the Qlik world as well and some of this takes a different approach.

hth

Hi,

I come from a SQL background so I had to get used to a limited join ability as well. I still think that Merge Queries can solve your problem.

As an example (before any merges):

WhereExistsSample1.PNG

Inner Join in Power Query:

WhereExistsSample2.PNG

After merge:

WhereExistsSample3.PNG

I think of Power Query editing as sort of a pre-model "staging" area (similiar to a SQL view or, from what it sounds like, Qlik parameters) so in that way, the extra customers aren't really in your model once your changes are applied (if that makes any sense in your context). Any DAX code or subsequent visualizations will not include those customers...

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 282 members 3,066 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: