Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tumitran_1576
Frequent Visitor

How to resize bubble / point in scatter chart?

Hi friends,

I'm using scatter chart to analyse data of sales of my stores

X-axis : Sales value

Y-axis : Growth of sales

I have added the Number of customer to show the size of the bubble but it seems to be too big to see.

Anybody has solution to resize the bubble, please kindly share. I have searched over the internet but did not find any solution for this. Or maybe Power BI does not have this function. Can we use other add-in or something like that?

Untitled.png 

Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES 4
HeyZiko

A bit late to the party, but the way I resolved this is by creating a new calculated column for the data in question, and cubing it (i.e. if X is your column value, then my calculated column was X^3). This amplified the larger values to the point where the smaller values became much smaller bubbles in the scatter.

This only works when you have a size dimension on the scatter.

HeyZiko

A bit late to the party, but the way I resolved this is by creating a new calculated column for the data in question, and cubing it (i.e. if X is your column value, then my calculated column was X^3). This amplified the larger values to the point where the smaller values became much smaller bubbles in the scatter.

This only works when you have a size dimension on the scatter.

MattG
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

I was also looking for this as with more than a few points the bubbles obscure each other and eliminate the usefulness of the scatter chart. It does not appear to be possible at the moment so I voted for this idea and would encourage anyone else looking for this to be added to do the same.

Matt

EMERY

Same Qs here, i wanna to show bubble in map to show the comparation of a parameter, but how to adjust the bubble size?

rr.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.