Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

ryan1982
Helper I
Helper I

How to reset the pie chart mix to 100% every time when I select a category in another chart/graph?

Hi all

Can someone kindly share how to reset the pie chart mix to 100% every time when I select a category in another chart/graph? 

There are one heatmap and one pie chart on my dashboard. The hear map shows the revenue mix by different categories of app. The pie chart shows the count of those apps in different catetories. 

test_1.JPG

test_2.JPG

When I clicked one category on my heat map (e.g. "FAMILY", the biggest, light blue piece), the pie chart turned into one like below, and it seems the pie chart shows those labels show the percent of total.

test_3.JPG

However, I want the pie chart to show the mix of each category like the pie chart below in an 100% base.

test_4.JPG

Can someone kindly let me know how to do this? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ssugar
Resolver III
Resolver III

I think what you're looking for is to "edit interactions" between the heatmap and the pie chart. 

To do this: click on the heatmap, then go to the "Format" tab, then click on "Edit Interactions", after that, click on the filter icon above the pie chart (looks like a funnel).

This will change the interaction from the heatmap to the pie chart from the default "highlight" mode, to the "filter" mode.

This page has more detailed info on this:

http://radacad.com/control-the-interaction-in-power-bi-report

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ssugar
Resolver III
Resolver III

I think what you're looking for is to "edit interactions" between the heatmap and the pie chart. 

To do this: click on the heatmap, then go to the "Format" tab, then click on "Edit Interactions", after that, click on the filter icon above the pie chart (looks like a funnel).

This will change the interaction from the heatmap to the pie chart from the default "highlight" mode, to the "filter" mode.

This page has more detailed info on this:

http://radacad.com/control-the-interaction-in-power-bi-report

thank you so much! That is exactly what I am looking for! Smiley Happy

no problem, happy to help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.