Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vvadlapatla
Helper I
Helper I

How to report a measure( hours ) across the start time as shown in table pic

I only have one record as shown in below table. I would like to report that 3 hours starting from start date time at 7:00 am and showing it across 3 hrs from 7:00 Am. Please help. Thanks

Start Date TimeEnd Date Time Hours workedSection
24/3/2020 7:00:00 AM24/03/2020 10:00:00 AM3Braefield to Quirindi

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak,

Thankyou for your Pbix file. I nearly worked that out but your tables have one to one relationship but my tables have many to one as you only have one record for each batch but my table will have multiple sections for each start and end time. so the relationshi is not working.

Please help. Would you please be able to Let me know how  I can post images and so I can show you where i am hving hickups. Thanks

HI Amit, thankyou for the  reply. Sorry the link doesn't work completely for me. I am trying to understand your PBIX file i have

downloaded.

May be i might not be clear enough in my question.

I only need to have 24hrs time on axis,as always i am reporting the next 24 hrs data, and then have a horizontal graph where it shows 7: 00 am to 10:00 am highlighted with the given section name in the data.

I can actually show you how i want but unfortunately i dont know how to attach a jpeg or a screen snip as my fairly new to this group. Please help.

@vvadlapatla - To share a PBIX, just use OneDrive or Box or some other file sharing service and post a link to it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Column = DATEDIFF([Start Date Time],[End Date Time],HOUR)

If you want working hours, try: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Net-Work-Duration/m-p/481543#M182

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

HI Greg, thanks for your reply. I have working hours already in my data. May be i might not be clear enough in my question.

I only need to have 24hrs time on axis,as always i am reporting the next 24 hrs data, and then have a horizontal graph where it shows 7: 00 am to 10:00 am highlighted with the given section name in the data.

I can actually show you how i want but unfortunately i dont know how to attach a jpeg or a screen snip as my fairly new to this group. Please help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.