cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alainkir
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to replace a column in excel that is uploaded to Sharepoint and connected to Power BI?

Hi @Chihiro,

I import the data from a Sharepoint Online List.

Where do I find this option to uncheck?

Warm regards,

Alain

Chihiro Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: How to replace a column in excel that is uploaded to Sharepoint and connected to Power BI?

Are you uploading to list as attachment? Or is list document library?

If as attachment, check with your IT, if version control is set and if that is forcing you to change name.

If it's document library, it's default dialog for uploading file, when there is file with same name exists within the library.

Alainkir
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Chihiro,

Thank you very much for continuing the conversation. I upload the excel first formatting it a table and then from the "export" function available in the extra "design" tab that appears once you have it as a table. 

It is then exported as a table, is this replying to your doubt?

Warm regards,

Alain

Highlighted
Chihiro Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Wait, so you import Excel as SharePoint List... then export it and load the resulting export into PowerBI?

Sorry, but I'm not sure I'm understanding your requirement.

If it is SharePoint list, why not import as is into PowerBI without first exporting it to file?

To import SharePoint list, you can follow steps in link.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/40040.power-bi-two-way-to-get-data-from-...

It would help if you can detail step by step, what you are doing and what the requirement is.

Alainkir
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Chihiro,

The first step is creating that I take is creating the excel file, then I format it as a table and export it to SharePoint. Later I go to Power BI and I import it from SharePoint.

What I want to do is replace 1 column in that excel without the need of uploading a new table and creating all the relationships again and replacing all the measures. 

Is that possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors