Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smjzahid
Helper V
Helper V

How to rename trendlines on Line and Clustered Column chart in Power BI

I have used trendlines to show on my line and clustered column chart, How do I enable  it to rename like the below image, I have looked through the properties of all X and Y axis including other Shapes properties couldn't find any 

This is what I have currently

smjzahid_0-1606902160471.png

This is what I want it to be (See highlighted in RED below). The below snip is from an Excel PIVOT CHART

smjzahid_1-1606902322434.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@smjzahid , Based on what I got. 

If these are values(measure) then you can rename at visual level. Double click on the name in visual pane and rename. If they are legend then you have create a new column and use it.

Hi @amitchandak 

Thanks for the tip, How can I get my above clustered column chart to appear like the one as in below image, I mean the bars have become too tight and it does not look in good shape.

I know this happens because you have to make the X Axis property to CONTINOUS (to be able to use the trendline functionality) if I make my X Axis to CATEGORICAL the bar becomes similar to above excel PIVOT CHART, but then the TRENDLINE does not appear on the Analytics pane of the PBI Desktop property 

Is there any other property that I am missing t get the chart in below shape, Please

smjzahid_0-1606977136725.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.