Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Erin
Helper I
Helper I

How to rename a report pined to a dashboard

Hi All,

it has alway been a problem for me since the very beginning to simplely rename a report pined on a dashboard. you can rename a report through the edit report, but the report name on the dashboard will not be changed. if you re-pin the renamed report, the new name will display, but you have to remove the old one from the dashboard. you also have to rename the report name on desktop side so you can publish and refresh the renamed report on power BI service.

not sure if there's a simpler way to complish it.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Erin

After you rename a report pined on a dashboard, its name is actually changed. The unchanged name in the upper left corner of dashboard tile is Tile title but not Report title. Please refer to following two screenshots.

How to rename a report pined to a dashboard_1.jpgHow to rename a report pined to a dashboard_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

@Erin This is a good catch, I'd list it in the issues forum as I would expect that change to be refreshed. Granted the tiles are seperate objects, but they should be going to the updated report, and this would include the name.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.