Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Colleen2494

How to remove this unwanted box from appearing over text

Once I publish the dashboard online, everytime I click a new page, this black box appears over the text. Can anyone help me to remove it, thankCapture.PNG you!

4 REPLIES 4
elimcd79
Advocate II
Advocate II

We have noticed these strange black boxes suddenly appear in all our reports published to the Power BI Service. Very annoying. They were not there until recently. 

Update: they appear when you open a report from a workspace; if you open the same report from an app, the black boxes aren't there.

Another update: I spoke to Microsoft on Nov 11, 2022 and they have acknowledged that this is indeed a bug.

v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Colleen2494 ,

Click the text and check whether the "visual border" is turned on, if so, turn off it.

vxiaosunmsft_0-1667961553296.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, unfortunately visual borders are turned off. This box appears on other visuals within the page as well, including charts. This happens after switching between tables. it goes away after clicking on the screen, or on another chart, but I am trying to avoid it all together.

I even turned header icons off as well just in case, but still seeing the box.

Hi,

Some times have debug in Power Bi So Rework Your Visual,Delete Existing Visuals and Created one more time newly.

Thanks,
Thennarasu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors