cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove null values in bullet chart ?

Hi guys 

i have null values that are displaying in my visual. What steps do i take to resolve this ? 

I tried apply a filter to the column "remove empty" in query editior but the null value still shows in my report. 

nullcap.JPG

nullcap1.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to remove null values in bullet chart ?

You have to create that filter on the visual itself, not on the editor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. 

What is best practice though ? to apply the filter in query editor or on the visual ? 

I dont want any of my other visuals to be affected. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I allways do them on visual, page or report in the filter tab.  (your filters tab might be still on the dark part, since this filter pane is a preview option and needs to be activated) Has the same functionallity tho.

dsfd.png

Here you see the how i did one of my visuals. As you can see, the first 4 are not filtered and are just values i put in the visual. Then i filter the visual on Bug or Product Backlog Item. (because this chart compares the 2) the other charts have more WorkItemTypes in them.

The page has no filter

And all pages (whole report) have the WorkItemType is not blank filter. You can put this same filter on visual level to get what you are looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This will mess with data integrity as those nulls could be actual values . My source is from the SQL DB so i will have to check my source.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How will this mess with integrity? it will just not show the null values in your chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors