Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove null values in bullet chart ?

Hi guys 

i have null values that are displaying in my visual. What steps do i take to resolve this ? 

I tried apply a filter to the column "remove empty" in query editior but the null value still shows in my report. 

nullcap.JPG

nullcap1.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to create that filter on the visual itself, not on the editor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. 

What is best practice though ? to apply the filter in query editor or on the visual ? 

I dont want any of my other visuals to be affected. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I allways do them on visual, page or report in the filter tab.  (your filters tab might be still on the dark part, since this filter pane is a preview option and needs to be activated) Has the same functionallity tho.

dsfd.png

Here you see the how i did one of my visuals. As you can see, the first 4 are not filtered and are just values i put in the visual. Then i filter the visual on Bug or Product Backlog Item. (because this chart compares the 2) the other charts have more WorkItemTypes in them.

The page has no filter

And all pages (whole report) have the WorkItemType is not blank filter. You can put this same filter on visual level to get what you are looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This will mess with data integrity as those nulls could be actual values . My source is from the SQL DB so i will have to check my source.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How will this mess with integrity? it will just not show the null values in your chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.