Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BI_Learner
Frequent Visitor

How to remove/hide lower levels on a WBS hierarchy (re-post)

Hi, I am looking for help on how to hide or remove blank levels of the work breakdown structure (WBS) on a matrix report. I created a hierarchy for a construction project that has a four-level WBS. I built a matrix report using this hierarchy to show actual numbers compared against the budget.

The problem is the matrix report shows the lower levels (levels 3 and 4 for example) for some sections of the WBS eventhough they don't exist. I have done research online and tried everything I can think of, but I haven't been able to fix it. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Below are images of the WBS table and the report. Thank you so much.

WBS Table.pngReport.png

4 REPLIES 4
anandraman
Helper I
Helper I

Did you tried filtering out the NULLs from all levels of WBS hierarchy in report side?  

Lets Say you have 3 levels Level1, Level2,Leve3

When  you create a report fro this Hierarchy, all the columns of the hierarchy also appar in Visual Level Filter. Add filter there that Level 1 is not blank.. 

Level 2 is not blank.. 

Level 3 is not blank.. 

I hope this should filter out your  NULL WBS.

Hi anandraman,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it, but it changed the totals. See image below.

Filtered.png

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BI_Learner,

Could you share a sample pbix (with just some mock data) which can reproduce the issue, so that we can better assist on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

Hello v-ljerr-msft,

Thank you for the reponse and sorry for the late reply. I had to go through an internal process before I can share the file. Here is the link to the pbix on Onedrive.

https://sempraglobal-my.sharepoint.com/personal/vdang_sempraglobal_com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?...

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.