when i click remove error its not working

saaaaaaagg.png

Error Still showing in data table 

please help how to remove this error row

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lavdeep,

This one stumped me for a while I was.  I would transform data to eliminate errors and it just didn't take.  Eventually this is how I solved it:

1) Make sure you are in the Power Query Editor
2) Go to the "Transform" tab
3) Select the column you want to modify
4) Look for "Replace Values", and more importantly, the little down arrow next to it.  It's in the sub-section titled "Any Column"
5) Click the down arrow next to "Replace Values" and you'll see another option, "Replace Errors"

If you click that it should produce a dialogue which allows you to replace any errors in that column (or columns, if you select multiple) with a value of your choosing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Magdoulin
Helper II
Helper II

Did anyone reach a solution for this problem?

I cannot get it, why the remove errors option doesn't work here? even replacing the errors doesn't work at all.

jaryszek
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

the provided solution is not working for me. Any other suggestions?

Jacek

NotThatKindOfDr

I appreciate this solution, however, unfortunately it is still not solving my problem. I have a row deep in the dataset (row 3239, far beyond the 1000 row preview) that gives an error across all columns. The error shows the following:

Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value "University of Arizon..." to type Table.
Details:
Value=University of Arizona
Type=[Type]

I have tried removing rows with errors, replacing rows with errors, and even deleting individual columns until theres nothing left. I believe this is truly a defective row and want to get rid of it entirely but nothing is working. Any other suggestions? Could I write a conditional to remove any rows that contain "University of Arizona"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lavdeep,

This one stumped me for a while I was.  I would transform data to eliminate errors and it just didn't take.  Eventually this is how I solved it:

1) Make sure you are in the Power Query Editor
2) Go to the "Transform" tab
3) Select the column you want to modify
4) Look for "Replace Values", and more importantly, the little down arrow next to it.  It's in the sub-section titled "Any Column"
5) Click the down arrow next to "Replace Values" and you'll see another option, "Replace Errors"

If you click that it should produce a dialogue which allows you to replace any errors in that column (or columns, if you select multiple) with a value of your choosing.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.