cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senescence
Frequent Visitor

How to remove entirely duplicated rows in Query Editor

I have data that includes entirely duplicated rows - every column is the same. I want to remove them. Annoyingly I can't do it in the data source so I have to do it in query editor. 

I can't use the "Remove Duplicates" function becuase that only removes duplicates using a single column and that's not what I need as there are supposed to be duplicates in the columns. Here's an example:

I have a table with ID and Time.

ID     Time
1 10.00
2 10.00
3 10.00
1 11.00
2 11.00
3 11.00
3 11.00

It is only the last row that I want to remove - that's the only row with duplciates across all columns. If I remove dupicates using ID I'm left with the first 3 rows only and if I remove duplicates using Time I'm left with rows 1 and 4.

Currently I get around this by concatenating the columns and removing duplicates based on the concatenated column and this works but I was wondering if there was a native solution.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@senescence

Hi, select both columns and Remove Rows-Duplicate.

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@senescence

Hi, select both columns and Remove Rows-Duplicate.

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

@Vvelarde

I really should have worked that out - thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.