Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

senescence
Frequent Visitor

How to remove entirely duplicated rows in Query Editor

I have data that includes entirely duplicated rows - every column is the same. I want to remove them. Annoyingly I can't do it in the data source so I have to do it in query editor. 

I can't use the "Remove Duplicates" function becuase that only removes duplicates using a single column and that's not what I need as there are supposed to be duplicates in the columns. Here's an example:

I have a table with ID and Time.

ID     Time
1 10.00
2 10.00
3 10.00
1 11.00
2 11.00
3 11.00
3 11.00

It is only the last row that I want to remove - that's the only row with duplciates across all columns. If I remove dupicates using ID I'm left with the first 3 rows only and if I remove duplicates using Time I'm left with rows 1 and 4.

Currently I get around this by concatenating the columns and removing duplicates based on the concatenated column and this works but I was wondering if there was a native solution.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@senescence

Hi, select both columns and Remove Rows-Duplicate.

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@senescence

Hi, select both columns and Remove Rows-Duplicate.

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

@Vvelarde

I really should have worked that out - thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.