Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lavdeep
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to remove Date Hierarchy

Hi,

How to remove Date Hierarchy

Capture.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @lavdeep 

Go to  File --> Options and Settings --> Options --> Current File -> Data Load 

and turn  off 'Auto Date/Time' (under Time Intelligence)

View solution in original post

Sorry wrong advise.... actually when you drag it into values, you can right click and select the date name instead of the Date Hierarchy - then it will display as a single date.

If you turn the auto date stuff off.. you would then have to have your own date tables.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JPVent

This doesn't work in 2023.  Can someone tell me how to remove/delete an unwanted hierarchy please?  Thanks

Johag
Frequent Visitor

If you have On-object interaction active it works in the same way as before, just in a different place. 

Click on the Visual icon, go to column you want to change and click on the arrow, then chose column value or Date Hierarchy. 

Johag_1-1707901404802.png

MDKCLIRResearch
Helper III
Helper III

I have disabled 'Auto Date/Time' in setup and reloaded Power BI but cannot get rid of the hiearchy.  How do you really do this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Without reuploading the data, you can do it in the visual itself:

JoshAnness_0-1653502564402.png

ty this is exactly what i needed to know 

synergised
Resolver II
Resolver II

From the icon it looks like you created it by mistake.  Just right click and select delete.

Sorry wrong advise.... actually when you drag it into values, you can right click and select the date name instead of the Date Hierarchy - then it will display as a single date.

If you turn the auto date stuff off.. you would then have to have your own date tables.

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @lavdeep 

Go to  File --> Options and Settings --> Options --> Current File -> Data Load 

and turn  off 'Auto Date/Time' (under Time Intelligence)

Disabling time intelligence disables ALL hierarchies in the file. If you need to keep some of them and get rid of one right click on the field (Visualizations/Columns), check it and uncheck "Data Hierarchy".

Hernansio_0-1656960220368.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.