Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

achinm45
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

How to remove 64 bit ODBC drivers from report

Hello All,

I have developed a power BI desktop report with 64 bit ODBC drivers and then have passed that report to users.

However, there are few users who have 32 bit drivers installed

Users are getting below error when they try to refresh : "The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"

This happens because of mismatch between bit versions of drivers.

I have following questions :

1) Can I remove 64 bit drivers and their names from my Desktop report and then can ask users to run queries by using 32 bit DSN (odbc drivers) ? Has anybody tried this ?

2) Is there any other way to sync lower verison ODBC drivers ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @achinm45,

From your description, it seems that you share the pbix file with end users, right? 

As the end users have 32bit ODBC driver, please let the user create a 32bit DSN. Install the 32bit Power BI desktop, open the report you shared, go to data source settings, change DSN name to his 32bit DSN. 

Personally, I would suggest you publish your pbix file to Power BI service, then create a ODBC data source under on-premise data gateway, configure the dataset to use this data gateway, share reports follow this article

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.