Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to refresh the appended data

I have created a new table in the database but i want it to be linked to the connections which are linked to the data in the excel.

I have appended the connection with this table. my question is will this table be refreshed with the data or I have to build up queries and then i would be able to refresh.

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you mean you import data from excel to Power BI? If the data of excel has been updated, you should refresh it manually ofr set up schedule refresh of the dataset to get the new data. 

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes , can you suggest me would that be refreshed or I need to put up a new query and do the calculations all over again. As per now I have had cpoied the whole table from spreadsheet and amended it with the connections of the spreadsheet.

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you can get all the new data after your refersh the data in Power BI desktop. That means you need't to do the calculations again.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.