Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to refresh select data? Not all historical data

I have a dataset on a database that goes back to 2005, but I don't want to pull all of that data. How do I keep that information in my reports but only refresh the data from 2016 only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Currently, Power BI does not support incremental refresh. What I would do in your case would be to create 2 queries, one for years prior to 2005 and one for 2016 and then use an Append query or step to append 2016 data to your other table. Then, you could manually refresh just your 2016 data without pulling all of the historical data again.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Currently, Power BI does not support incremental refresh. What I would do in your case would be to create 2 queries, one for years prior to 2005 and one for 2016 and then use an Append query or step to append 2016 data to your other table. Then, you could manually refresh just your 2016 data without pulling all of the historical data again.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.