Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pjjfmarques
Frequent Visitor

How to reduce the amount of data that is loaded into my Power BI Report

My objective is to reduce the amount of records that my Power BI report loads from my DB.

So ,how can I (in query editor) aplly a filter on a table Query depending of information in other related table?

Example: I am defining a query to load my sales lines (table 1) only for the clientes (table 2) that lives in the state xyz (table 3).

Is that possible? How?

Thanks for the help...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

If you want data loading to be filtered out at DB side, only option is views. Create view in database and use as your data source.

If you want your data to be filtered in Query Editor, then you can use Parameters option.

View solution in original post

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@pjjfmarques on top of what @Habib said depending on type of DB you've got but if it is sql server you also have option to write in sql statements when connecting using which you can filter. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@pjjfmarques on top of what @Habib said depending on type of DB you've got but if it is sql server you also have option to write in sql statements when connecting using which you can filter. 

Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

If you want data loading to be filtered out at DB side, only option is views. Create view in database and use as your data source.

If you want your data to be filtered in Query Editor, then you can use Parameters option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Habib,

How Can an use 'Parameters option to reduce my data?
Can you please list the steps for Parameter Option.

Best Regards,

Ichebobo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.