Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DeepDive
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to reduce size of PBIX file ?

Dear Experts, I am working on a dashboard was keep adding measures to same, now the size has gone to 50 MB from 18 MB, I want create duplicate of that dashboard by deleting all the measures and pages.

Now I have deleted all the measures and report pages but the size is still 49.600 MB (approx) now reduction on size.

What is possible to reduce the size of it again to reasonable low size ? .. Kindly help..

5 REPLIES 5
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

You can use the Vertipaq Analyzer to see the table and column sizes in your model which will help you identify what is causing the file size to grow.  Download it from here: https://www.sqlbi.com/tools/vertipaq-analyzer/

Unfortunately we can't use within our organisation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures won't add size to your file because they don't hold data. Measures are calculated by the model as the report is being run. If you want to reduce the size of your file, try removing columns from tables that are not required, or provide filters in your import logic to retain a shorter number of rows during the import.
AnAnalyst
Helper III
Helper III

Calculated columns?

Calculated coloumns are very few ..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.