Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

questions
Helper I
Helper I

How to rank by different criteria and develop visual for the 2nd value?

I would like to develop an visual to identify the weekly trend for the 2nd top mapping in different weeks by Region eg. Gamma. in Asia region in Week 1, 2 & 3

Would you please explain 1) How to rank by the criteria by region & Week 2)develop the weekly trend for the 2nd top mapping?

Photo.png

summary:

Rank.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @questions ,

To create two measures as below and put the Rank Measure in a matrix

total = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Amount]))

Rank = 
IF (
    ISINSCOPE ( Table1[Mapping] ),
    RANKX ( ALL ( Table1[Mapping] ), [total],, DESC, DENSE ),
    BLANK ()
)

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@questions look at this post which explains the ranking.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for sharing the above as the solution for the 1st question. However, how can I identify the 2nd rank in another visual? (which i ask in 2nd questions)

@questions can you explain what exactly you are looking in 2nd question?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k 

Rank.png

I want to develop a visual to show the performance trend of the 2nd highest value item (can be Gamma in week 1 or Beta in week 3 depend on which week the audience select)...so if audience view the week 3 report, the graph will show Beta week 1-3 trend.If audience view week 1 report, the graph will show Gamma week 1 -3 trend.

Hi @questions ,

To create two measures as below and put the Rank Measure in a matrix

total = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Amount]))

Rank = 
IF (
    ISINSCOPE ( Table1[Mapping] ),
    RANKX ( ALL ( Table1[Mapping] ), [total],, DESC, DENSE ),
    BLANK ()
)

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.