Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to "convert" Matrix Visual from Power BI Desktop to Power BI Paginated report

I have a PBI Desktop matrix looking like following:
PbiMatrix.PNG

I'm trying to "port" it to Paginated report by following this page:
Create a paginated report with a Power BI shared dataset - Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Micr...

All the numbers showed up in the Paginated report but some of them are not in the "Same" places as above image.
Is there any other tutorial or guides on how to convert Power BI matrix to Paginated reports?

Or it's not the right tool for the job?

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

These tools are pretty different and I don't think there's any standard conversion process. Ultimately, you need to understand how the Report Builder works to get something like this working as expected. This does look like something a Paginated report would be a good tool for but, unfortunately, it's a rather old and clunky tool (though it is quite powerful).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

These tools are pretty different and I don't think there's any standard conversion process. Ultimately, you need to understand how the Report Builder works to get something like this working as expected. This does look like something a Paginated report would be a good tool for but, unfortunately, it's a rather old and clunky tool (though it is quite powerful).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.