Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Namoh
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

How to "Replace-All" a Date-attribute with another Date-attribute

Hi, I have a huge issue.

In the past when I started with my Power Bi report I linked a CALENDAR-table (excel).

I've used the DATE-field from this Table in Measures and Graphs.

Apparently this was a Date-table which isn't being updated anymore, and I should have used a DateTable. 

I've inserted the DateTable into my pbix-file and I've created all Relationships with the new DateTable which already existed with the old CALENDAR-table.

I now need to replace the CALENDAR.DATE (only field used currently from the CALENDAR-table) reference in all my Measures, Graphs etc with the DateTable.Date.

Is there an easy way to do this, or is this a manually action (meaning going through all Measures and Graphs one-by-one to change and hope everything shows the same as it does now)?

If possible I would like to do a "Replace-All" CALENDAR.DATE -> DateTable.Date with keeping my Graphs as they're.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Namoh,

You could give the Power BI Helper - RADACAD a try. I just tested it and it has an option to export the unused columns/tables from your reports. Below you'll find a reference to the output based on by test file:

Power BI helper optionsPower BI helper optionsOutputOutput

Regards,

Tim

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Namon,

You can use DAX studio to extract a list of all measures in your model. This could help finding all the references to the old table more easily. However, the actual replacement of those references will still be a manual task as far as I know. Nevertheless, if you're interested in getting the list of measure/formulas you'll find an explanation of how to do so here: How to view and retrieve all measures? - Power BI - Data Bear - Power BI Training and Consulting

Hi timg, thanks for your reply.

I've used DAX studio and replaced all CALENDAR-table reference with the DateTable reference.

Is there also a way (with DAX studio) to find all attributes used in the filters/visualisations/etc from the CALENDAR-table? 

Hi Namoh,

You could give the Power BI Helper - RADACAD a try. I just tested it and it has an option to export the unused columns/tables from your reports. Below you'll find a reference to the output based on by test file:

Power BI helper optionsPower BI helper optionsOutputOutput

Regards,

Tim

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Namoh , Power BI, I doubt there is an easy way. All of them will error if you remove the table.

May be some external tool can help

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.