Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vibration85
Helper II
Helper II

How to put the name of seller on a card in dashboard based on the max amount of sale?

How can I have only one name of the seller based on the max sales amount (or max number of sales)? I know I can have it in terms of Table Visualise but in a card only one name which is constant for every month for example. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Vibration85 ,

then take a look at my sample file.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Vibration85 ,

you can use TOPN and MAXX to create the desired measure.

I tried to use it in the filter pane as well but it doesn't work well I think, maybe I need to create a measure to show it and each month or week change based on it. 

Hello @Vibration85 ,

then take a look at my sample file.

Many Thanks, 😊 dear @mwegener , it works very well, I tried a lot before with MAX and Calculate but it was so ugly and not correct. I'm a newbie and trying to test different ways.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Vibration85 not fully clear what you are looking for. You need to provide some more details. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Sorry for more clarification I will put my data in the below:

Vibration85_0-1596121142535.png

it was a big table I couldn't put all the columns but based on the max sales (Column Sales) I need to return one name which is in Customer or seller Column. I want to make a dashboard that displays on a card the name of this seller or Customer.

for example: if 529550 is Max Sales, the name of the seller is Chris XXX, I need to have the name of Chris XXX in the card and pin it in my dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.