Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

idategto11
Frequent Visitor

How to push only one query on dashboard or excel ?

Hello,

I've used PowerBI Desktop to import a lot of data sources.
Then, I've transformed all these sources, made some appends and fusions.

Finally, to create the query I wanted, I've created 23 queries (7 for raw sources that I've cleaned, 16 to append and fusions)

I would like to use only my final query in dashboard or in excel.

But, when I close the query editor, it pushes all queries in dashboard.
When I create connexion between excel and PowerBI Desktop, it creates a power pivot with all my 23 queries.

How can I simply use one of all my query from my data model ?

Thanks a lot

Best regards,

Christophe

4 REPLIES 4
idategto11
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for you answers.

Effectively, my final query needs the 23 queries to be updated.

In fact, some collegues need one dashboard (it's a table of data). I want to provide them this dashboard on excel.

But, when I create connexion between their excel file and my PowerBI data model, it loads all the 24 queries into a powerpivot. So it takes a lot of time and there are too much fields in powerpivot variables bloc.

How can i hide all these 23 queries (and use it only in data model to update the final query) for my final customers?

Thanks

Hi @idategto11,

>>How can i hide all these 23 queries (and use it only in data model to update the final query) for my final customers?

You can enter query editor and turn off below options('Enable load','Include in report refresh') to disable load these queries.

8.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds to me like your data model wouldnt work without those 23 other queries.

Imagine the following: your data source of one of the 23 queries changes. Then you refresh only your main query. That query only aggregates data from the 23 queries, so it won't include your new data. Your new data will only be included if the query that gets the data from the source updates, followed by your "master" query.

If you want to refresh the data, you need to refresh all your queries. 

If your goal is to hide the queries from the query list, you can do that by right clicking them in the query list on the right.

If your goal is to stop your 23 queries from refreshing, you can manually switch their refresh off in the query editor. 

Otherwise we really need more information to be able to help you 🙂

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@idategto11  why would you want to do that, what is your objective so in order to better understand what you are doing?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.