Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

How to pull data from a Enterprise gateway server c drive to Power Bi desktop

Hi Experts,

Need your help on my requirement that is i have 4 enterprise gateways installed on 4 different windows servers. Now i want to pull data from 4 servers c drive to power BI desktop to create a report for Gateway performance monitoring purpose. I don't want to install Power Bi desktop on server machine as well to achive report.

Thanks for your kind help.

Thanks,

Lavan

5 REPLIES 5
Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

What kind of dataset you want to pull from those 4 servers?? you can surely use Dataflows here, but am not sure your requirment falls in for the given connectors in powerbi.

@Anmolgan 

Thanks for your quick response. I want to pull gate way logs from all 4 server and build a consolidated report.

Let me know if any details required. 

@lavankumar1989a  You can use Text/CSV connectors if you just want to build reports over the csv files, in your case am not sure if this will work but you can give the below a try and see if that works in your case:

Install On-Premise data gateway on all 4 servers.

connect them using the same powerbi credentials.

create connection for all 4 gateway files using dataflows and try to build the reports.

@Anmolgan 

Could you guide me on navigatoins to pull the data and creating dataflows for 4 servers.

Thanks in advance.

@lavankumar1989a I gave you the high level steps, you can look into more Microsoft documentation around PowerBI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.