Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to prevent summing up values of sub categories in matrix visual

In a matrix visual, if we drill up, the values for the sub categories are summed up for the larger category. However, this may not always be accurate for the larger category.

How do I prevent the summing up of these values of the sub categories?

I want to display the values for the subcategories and instead of summing up these values after drilling up, I want to  display the values for the larger category  by calculating based on the parameters for the larger category.

Please note that the value is a measure and it is being displayed in a matrix visual.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Matrices that use measures for values in PowerBI automatically recalculate the measure based on the current context for subtotal/total rows.  

What is the measure being used that you want aggregated differently based on the scope level? 

Also, if you could share a screenshot of the matrix and identify which totals are good and which are bad, that would help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Matrices that use measures for values in PowerBI automatically recalculate the measure based on the current context for subtotal/total rows.  

What is the measure being used that you want aggregated differently based on the scope level? 

Also, if you could share a screenshot of the matrix and identify which totals are good and which are bad, that would help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it recalculates the measure based on the current context for subtotal/total rows, my doubt is solved.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.