Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ercello
Frequent Visitor

How to prevent an existing filter from affecting another visual via interactions?

Hello,

I have a bar chart which shows 12 months' sales values and a pie chart which shows brand sales. The pie chart has a filter to always show the latest month's (Top 1 by month) values, unless another month is selected from the bar chart via interactions. The problem is when I click on a brand from the pie chart, the bar chart also starts to show only the latest months' sales because of the filter on the pie chart. What I want is the bar chart to keep showing all 12 months sales of the selected brand from the pie chart. Is there a way to make the Top N filter apply only to pie chart, and not apply to the bar chart when a month is selected?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Yes, in the old ribbon, View | Edit Interactions

In the new ribbon, select a visual, Format | Edit Interactions.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I guess I was misunderstood. I want to keep the interaction between two visuals so that selecting the brand from the pie chart affects the bar chart, and I do not want the Top N by month filter behind the pie chart to affect the bar chart. 

You might have to use TOP N measure in pie visual

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.