Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fanhui3
Helper I
Helper I

How to prevent aggregation of data point in scattered plot

Hi, 

I am facing issue with my scattered plot. PowerBI aggregates my data point (see circled in grey) instead of giving my separate plot on the graph (see circled in red in the top tip and on the y axis). Anyone has a solution to this? I will enclose a dropbox link to the pbix file below if you want to test out your solution. Thank you. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3jg236jmu6vugv/Price%20Analyser%20-%20Request%20help.pbix?dl=0

Scattered Plot problem.png  

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fanhui3 ,

Sorry for that you can add date to the x-axis however it then sums the data points.

Normally, the visuals in power bi will show the aggregate value except for table visual.

Or you can create a calculate column and put it in legend.

Column = 'Past Property Transaction Price'[Project Name]&"-"&'Past Property Transaction Price'[Price Per sqft]

howto1.jpg

Perhaps you can refer this thread, hope it can inspire you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Scatter-with-date-on-X-and-time-on-Y/td-p/19030

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @fanhui3 ,

Believe that the issue you have here is the aggregation you are using on the legend, since you are grouping by projects it gives you a sum of all prices per square meter.

What is the type of details you want? You want to present all prices but with colours by project?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi, yes!!!! I would like each price to be represented by a separate Dot and that they each coloured by project.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.