Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to present results per months and per Quarters

Hello,

I would like to present in a matrix,  results (ex: sales) per category, per months as well as per Quarters.  I know that it is possible to do that using a drill down but I wonder if there is a way to present all thoses results into a simple matrix as in the table below.

Thanks in advance for your help.

alepage

category Janfebmaraprmayjunjulaugsepoctnovdec
a 123456789101112
b 24681012141618202224

Q1Q2Q3Q4
a  6  15  24  33 
b  12  30  48  66 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my tests, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve your desired matrix in Power BI currently.

You may could use the matrix like as a workaround.

matrix.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nishantjain
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous 

Why don't you add subtotals at Quarter level to show the same information in a matrix. 

I guess you are trying to create a view that your users have seen in the past that was created using something like Excel. I would suggest to avoid the use of Power BI like other tools (e.g. Excel) as may take you down the wrong path and you will spend a lot of time trying to replicate how the users are used to looking at things. I have done the same in the past and have realised it is not a good idea. Power BI is a great tool and should be used in the right way to make the most out of it. 

Thanks
Nishant

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my tests, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve your desired matrix in Power BI currently.

You may could use the matrix like as a workaround.

matrix.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.