Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ninos-shiba
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to plot week-by-week total based off a count of a logical IF in bar plot for dashboard?

Hello Power BI community,

I've tried looking everywhere on the web for help with this issue but I can't seem to find a solution. Basically, I have a CSV file that I want to use to create a bar plot for a dashboard that I want to show the total number of late assignments each week, up to the current week. I created a IF column: "

LATEORNOT = IF(DATATABLE[FINISHDT].[Date] < TODAY(), 1, 0)", which returns 1 if the assignment is late. I also created a WEEKNUM and WEEK column, but of course those only return the week of the date the assignment is reported. How do I plot all the weeks of the year up to the current week of the year, counting up all the late assignments up to that week and plotting each week's totals as a bar plot in Power BI? Right now, if I plot them, I only get the weeks of the ones in the CSV file (Week 17, Week 20, Week 21, Week 28, etc.). Do I need to have data for each week or? I'm sorry if this is confusing, please let me know if I could provide any further clarification.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ninos-shiba choose show items with no data as shown below 

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ninos-shiba choose show items with no data as shown below 

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Capture.PNG

@parry2k Thank you! However, it still doesn't show all the weeks in the year up to the current week (32). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.