Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andyr
Frequent Visitor

How to plot multiple lines on a chart

Hi, I'm totally new to power bi so I'm sorry if this is really obvious.

I'm trying to create something very similar to the airline engine part maintenance analysis report in the industry/airline example (see page 4 of the link below) i.e a line chart with multiple lines plotted on in.

I cant find a way to do this out if the box in power bi, can anyone tell me if this is possible without creating a custom visualisation?

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiN2Q1OWM3OGItMGRhNi00YzI1LTkyZjUtMDQwOWE5Mzk1MjJiIiwidCI6IjU3N...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Andyr You simply need to use line chart visual in power bi desktop and drop a column to Legend section to get multiple lines.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ptadi_48
Regular Visitor

So, what to do if we have multiple measures to plot on the same line chart and also need to use a legand? 

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Andyr You simply need to use line chart visual in power bi desktop and drop a column to Legend section to get multiple lines.

Is there a limitation to the number of values in legend (or number of lines) in a line chart?

I'm afraid that the Line Chart doesn't work if you need a legend with multiples measures on values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors