Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sherrybay
Regular Visitor

How to place a calculated measure on a slicer/filter

I have a very simple set of calculations: how many times a consumer has received certain services

# of times a consumer has received an assessment

# of times a consumer has attended a tutoring appointment, etc.

# of times a consumer has received a reminder phone call

I have other filters that are typical slicers like site or program that I can easily put on the usual Power BI filters. 

Our analysts want to set criteria such as all consumers having more than 1 assessment, 1 reminder call at Site A. 

Right now, I can't put the "# of time" calculations on the Power BI slicers. In Power BI desktop I can set them up as Visual slicers on the righthand side, but it doesn't work with the other slicers in the web version. Any ideas on why this doesn't work in the web version? 

Thanks for any help. 

Best,

Sherry

Sherry

1 REPLY 1
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You cannot use a Measure for slicer.

If your calc works as a computed column then this can be a slicer.

You can also write a measure that can be added to the filters e.g. MeetCriteria Yes or No and visual/page filter to the desired setting. Bookmarks can let you toggle between the states and a couple of image can trigger the bookmarks.

The guys at SQLBI have aslo provided a soltion to this in relation to PowerPivot but it's the same for PowerBI

http://www.daxpatterns.com/parameter-table/

Hope this helps

Phil

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.