Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sathvik123
Helper V
Helper V

How to pass fields from one chart to another

Hello All,

I have a Bar chart which shows monthly tickets created sum for each month coming from tickets table.(here fields are date, tickets created)

Sathvik123_0-1653222116739.png

and I have another chart which shows tickets created for each categories coming from categories table.

Sathvik123_1-1653222245313.png

Now my requirement is I need to show tickets created by category chart when I click on the bar of first chart.

Like if I click on January then january data, feb then feb data in 2nd chart should show

Here the common from both the tables is Date.

Could any one please help how to do this.

I think we need to pass date from 1st chart to 2nd chart.

Not sure how

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sathvik123 ,

I have create a simple sample, please refer to my pbix file to see if it helps you.

vpollymsft_0-1653462790982.png

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details about your desired output.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sathvik123 ,

I have create a simple sample, please refer to my pbix file to see if it helps you.

vpollymsft_0-1653462790982.png

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details about your desired output.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amirabedhiafi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello ! Can you please share the definition of your tables ? (columns and reationships with sata sample)

Also, the two visuals are in the same page ? You want them to interact based on a selection applied on the first one ?

Amira Bedhiafi
Full Stack Business Intelligence Consultant @Capgemini

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.