Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sreya
Helper II
Helper II

How to pass a URL with column name having '/'

I am having a coulmn name 'ContractKey/EngagementKey'. How to Pass this column in URL. Below Filter is not working because of the column name as it contains '/'.

?filter=Project/ContractKey/EngagementKey in ('791751','791824','1025638')

How to solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Sreya,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the official document specific characters to handle part if they helped:

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL#special-characters-in-url-filters 

If these not help, you can add a calculated column to your table with a common name. (copy the value from 'specific characters' column and use this to replace the raw field in URL filter)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BarryH
Regular Visitor

I solved a similar problem by replacing the '/' with '_x002F_'

?filter=Sites/Region_x002F_LOB eq 'ESG'

ref: How to Encode SharePoint Column Display Names to Internal names (tachytelic.net)

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Sreya,

I'd like to suggest you take a look at the official document specific characters to handle part if they helped:

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL#special-characters-in-url-filters 

If these not help, you can add a calculated column to your table with a common name. (copy the value from 'specific characters' column and use this to replace the raw field in URL filter)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sreya , not very clear to me. Base on what I got is that you need dynamic url

refer, if this can help

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/08/16/using-the-relativepath-and-query-options-with-web-contents-i...

@amitchandak I am having a column name 'ContractKey/EngagementKey'. While I try to pass filter on this column the target report is not getting filtered. It is happenning because the column name contains '/ ' in it.

Anyway we can solve this by using escape character or something like that?

@amitchandak No luck

Previous generated URL

filter=Project%2FContractKey%2FEngagementKey%20in%20(%27791751%27,%27791824%27,%271025638%27)

After appending %2F ---Newly Generated URL

filter=Project%2FContractKey%2F%2FEngagementKey%20in%20(%27791751%27,%27791824%27,%271025638%27)

It is not passing the column name as 'ContractKey/EngagementKey'

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors